The Most Beautiful Heart

The Most Beautiful 
Heart

Sketch by- Rishi Patel

                                One day, a young man began shouting in a heavily crowded place. "People, look at me! I have the most beautiful heart in the world!" he exclaimed. Many people looked at him. They were stunned to see his beautiful heart in perfect shape, without any flaw. It looked quite amazing. Most of the people who saw his heart praised him.

However, there came an old man who challenged the young man and said, "No my son, I have got the most beautiful heart in the world!" The young man said, "Show me your heart, then!" The old man showed his heart to the young man. It was very rough, uneven and had scars all over. In addition, the heart was not in shape; it appeared like bits and pieces of various colors were joined together. There were some rough edges; some parts were removed and fitted with other pieces.

The young man started laughing, and said, "My dear old man, are you mad? See, my heart! How beautiful and flawless it is. You cannot find even a bit of imperfection in my heart. But yours is full of scars, wounds and blemishes. How can you say your heart is beautiful?"

The old man replied, "Dear boy, my heart is just as beautiful as your heart is. Did you see the scars? Each scar represents the love I shared with people. Each time I share love, I give away a piece of my heart and take a piece of theirs in return," said the old man.

The young man was shocked. The old man continued, "The imperfections you see are because of the fact that I don't get back the same love that I share. Since the pieces of heart I shared were neither equal nor in the shape or size, my heart is full of uneven edges, bits and pieces. Your heart looks fresh and does not have scars. But that indicates that you have never shared love with anybody. Isn't that true?"

The young man stood still and did not speak a word. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He walked to the old man, tore  a piece of his heart and gave the piece to the old man.

Did you ever shared love and didn't got the same love in return? Don't worry you have a beautiful heart.

Many give importance and respect to physical beauty. Yet, real beauty is not physical!


It lies in your heart.

Spread love and be amazing

1 Comments

Post a Comment